Once in a while, manufacturers provide updates on their software to address recurring errors or to improve certain feature or service. Updating your Brother Printer drivers is no different. It is important to keep your printer’s performance in top shape. There are several ways to update your Brother printer’s driver and firmware for your convenience. Here’s how:
Download from the Brother Official website.
The quickest way to download and update your drivers is to visit Brother official website. This is most ideal method especially if your printer is connected to a wireless or wired network. Here’s what to do:
*Make sure that your printer or computer is connected to the internet to be able to download the drivers.
- Visit Brother Product Support Center. Click here. You can also simply type on the search engine your printer model driver. Ex. Brother DCP T300 drivers.
- In ‘Browse by Product Type’, click Printer & Multi-functions icon.
- Select your printer type – Inkjet, Mono Laser or Color Laser.
- A series of printer models with images will appear. Select your printer model.
- Select your OS family and OS version then click Search.
- A list of updates will appear. Click on the driver or software package you want to download. Follow download instructions until completed.
- Once completed, run the downloaded program and follow update instructions.
Using PC’s Device Manager
- Click Start and go to Device Manager OR press Windows key + R to run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
- Go to Printers and Devices
- Once opened, select your Brother Printer model. Right click to open dropdown and select Update Driver Software.
- Click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
- The Window software will search automatically if your printer needs updating and will connect you to updates. Follow download and update instructions until completed.
Driver Update Software
There are some software tools you can purchase to automatically update Brother Printer drivers or any drivers for printers in just a few clicks. These tools make maintenance and updating of your printer more convenient.