Wireless printers such as HP Deskjet 2540 are great for small offices and personal use. This all-in-one compact printer offers the convenience in form of mobile printing from HP Cloud services, AirPrint and other printing solutions. But is it possible to connect multiple computers and devices on one printer?
Can you connect multiple computers and devices on one printer?
Yes. It is possible if the setup is done correctly. All you need to do is create a network dedicated for the printer which can be shared and accessed. Wireless printers like Deskjet 2540 also has USB connectivity and wifi-direct which is more convenient for mobile users.
How to share a printer with multiple computers?
- Open CONTROL PANEL and select NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
- Go to CHANGE ADVANCED SHARING SETTINGS click on the CURRENT NETWORK PROFILE.
- Turn on FILE AND PRINTER SHARING then SAVE changes.
- Next, on the startup menu, click on DEVICES AND PRINTERS.
- Select your printer or the printer you want to share and RIGHT CLICK to show PRINTER PROPERTIES.
- Click the sharing tab and select SHARE THIS PRINTER.
- Open SYSTEM PREFERENCES and select PRINT AND FAX.
- Enable PRINTER SHARING and select SHARE THIS PRINTER.
- Go to DEVICES AND PRINTERS and select ADD PRINTER.
- Click on ÁDD NETWORK, WIRELESS OR BLUETOOTH PRINTER.
- Select the shared printer and follow the remaining setup instructions.
Once setup is complete, computers connected to your local network will be able to access the printer.
What if people print at the same time?
When the printer receives commands to print multiple pages from connected computers and devices, the printer will run them in queue. It means that the printer will print whichever command came first.
Connect your computers to your office printer and print in convenience. HP Deskjet 2540 is capable of wired, wireless and direct via USB connections so more computers and devices can print and share.