What is Epson Error Code 0x97?
Error Code 0x97 is a warning when there is a problem with the internal hardware. It could be caused by motherboard failure or other interior parts. When this error occurs, it happens suddenly and may lead for your printer to turn off or stop printing. Hardware failure may be needing a quick fix or replacement. One way to find out is trying tested troubleshoots.
How to fix Epson Error Code 0x97?
When a hardware failure happens without warning, you can try the following:
Unplug and Plug-in
- When this error message appears. Turn on off power and unplug.
- Unplug all connected cables.
- Unplug USB drivers.
- Remove all printer cartridges.
- Still turned off, press down power to release all remaining current in the printer.
- Plug in all cables and USB. Reinstall printer cartridges. Turn power on.
- See if the error message remains.
- If error persists, continue to the next method.
Unplug and plug in (2)
- Turn off Epson printer and unplug.
- Disconnect all cables and USB.
- Wait for 5 minutes until printer cools down.
- Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. DO NOT RELEASE.
- After 60 seconds (DO NOT RELEASE), plug in power cord and hold for another 60 seconds.
- Release power button. Check if error message still appears.
Clean Mechanic Pad
- Turn off printer and unplug.
- Remove printer cover and casing.
- Wet tissue with warm water. Wipe cleaning pad.
- Leave wet tissue for a few minutes on the pad.
- Remove tissue and leave it to dry completely.
- Plug in and turn on printer. See if error persists.
If all methods are tried without improvement, you might need to call the customer support or help of a technician. Epson XP-830 is a multifunction printer that has a complex interior hardware. Therefore, a professional help is needed when all methods were tried.
Nothing is more inconvenient than having your printer malfunction in the middle of document creation. However, more delays can be avoided if you know how to troubleshoot a common printer error. For Epson users, Error Code 0x97 has many fixes you can try.