With the release of Windows 10, many printer manufacturers like Canon has updated their printer drivers. This is to enhance and fix whatever problems users may encounter using the new OS with their printer. Below are the steps on updating Canon printer drivers for Windows 10.
How do you know that your printer driver needs updating?
When you update your printer, say from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it is necessary to keep the drivers up-to-date. Bugs and few fixes must be periodically checked for the printer to perform. You can check manually if your printer and computer needs updating. Here’s how:
- Access printer connection from your computer.
- Click from START and type in “Windows Update”.
- On the window, select “Check for updates”.
- After the results, you can opt for “optional updates” or “install updates” links. Simply follow on-screen instructions until completed.
Where can I find the updated Canon printer drivers?
Updated driver versions can be found on the manufacturer’s website. Simply navigate to their Canon Support and Driver page.
- On the search box, type your printer model. A result of matching models or printer series will appear.
- Each printer model has a direct link to their driver. On the DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE tab, select your printer model and get access of the download link.
- On the OPERATING SYSTEM, select Windows. Select the correct version of your OS.
- Click the driver’s link.
- Click “I Agree” on the terms and conditions window.
- Click and Install.
- Follow on-screen instructions until update is complete.
Are there any sites to download Canon printer drivers?
There are third-party sites that also provide links to Canon printer drivers. However, for safety and precaution, it is better to download and update directly from manufacturer’s website.