Canon Pixma MX490 Wireless Setup
Posted by Catch Supplies Order Team on
Setting up your wireless printer like Canon Pixma MX490 can be done in just a few steps. Wireless printing allows you to print virtually from anywhere your office or home office and print through computers or any compatible mobile devices. There are 2 methods you can use to connect to your network. Here’s how:
Method 1: From access point
Some routers or hubs (access points) already have WPS buttons for easier access to network. If you have WPS, all you need to do is press the button and follow the needed instructions to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- Turn on Printer.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on your printer. Hold until light flashes blue.
- Connect to your WPS by pressing the button. The printer will automatically search for your access point.
- When searching, the light will keep flashing blue. Once connected to your network, the blue light will remain still.
- Connect your device and run a test print.
Method 2: standard connection
- Run CD on your computer for installation.
- A screen will appear giving options for your connection. Select WIRELESS CONNECTION.
- Turn on printer. Make sure the light is flashing blue.
- Click CONNECT TO THE NETWORK.
- Select WPS for automatic wireless connection. (Compatible only for Windows 7 and above)
- For Connection Via Cableless setup, press Wi-Fi button on printer and hold until the orange light flashed 2 times.
- Blue lamp light will turn on once successfully connected to the wireless network.
- Click NEXT and provide required information to complete installation and setup.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: inkjet printer, laser printer