What is a Canon Printer Passphrase?
Posted by Catch Supplies Order Team on
What is a passphrase?
A passphrase is a combination of letters, numbers, spaces and punctuations used as a security key for network connections. It is basically a sentence and case-sensitive to make it hard to remember. A Canon printer with a wireless feature like Canon MX492 usually requires a passphrase to connect and set up a protected network or wi-fi access.
Example of a passphrase: +#!s !s a p@$$p#12a$3
What is the difference between a passphrase and a password?
A password is another protective measure for network or wi-fi access. Its difference with the passphrase is a password that only contains one grouping of letters, numbers or punctuations and without spaces.
Example of password: p@$$w0rd
Is having a passphrase important to connect to wi-fi or network?
Not necessarily. However, wireless printers like Canon MX492 is capable of creating password or passphrase as an added security feature. A network you might want to connect to may require a passphrase, or if you want to know or limit the people who can access your printer network, you can simply create a passphrase.
How do you set a Passphrase for Canon Printer?
Note: Make sure you know your IP address, network name and security password for WEP, WAP, or WPA2 whichever you use for your wireless connection.
- Open your web browser and access the IP address of your wireless router.
- Log in to your ISP password and ID.
- Select your network connection. Select change password/passphrase.
- Type in password/passphrase and save.
How to connect to a network with a passphrase?
- Open your computer control panel. Go to Devices and Printers.
- Select your printer.
- Right click and select Configuration.
- Click wireless LAN.
- Select Use WPA, WPA2 in Encryption Method then click Configuration.
- Click Change Settings to open window.
- Select Authentication type then Next.
- You will be asked to enter the passphrase. Type in your passphrase and select encryption type.
- Click Finish.
- Check if your printer is connected. Run test print.
You can always set your printer to automatically connect to your access network. However, if you want a protected and secured connection, creating your Canon printer passphrase will help you secure confidential files and other documents created through your printer.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: inkjet printer, laser printer
i recently got super fast bt broadband installed and since then i am unable to print any iteams on my computer . i have entered several new passphrases but not accepting same