What are the reasons for Brother Printer Offline status to show?
Many have experienced their Brother Printer offline after a Windows 10 update. However, this connection problem does not only occur during an OS update or driver update. There are various reasons for your printer to go offline. It could be something else other than the two common culprits. Solve this printer problem the easiest way.
How to bring Brother Printer back online?
Below are some methods you can try to solve your printer problem:
Check printer connectivity
Printer could show offline when not connected properly to the pc, internet network or device. When this happens, check on your connectivity following these steps.
- Restart printer. Wait until printer is fully ready.
- Check your printer connection. Are you using connected via wireless, USB or cable? If you are using cable connection, make sure that they are plugged properly and securely on your pc and printer. If you are using wireless connection, make sure you are connected to the right network internet access and IP address. A wireless icon on your printer will lit-up if you are connected.
- Run test print. If problem persists, continue to the next method.
Check Printer status
If you are properly connected but the Brother Printer remains offline, then it might have something to do with the printer status. It might not be set as the default printer or it might be offline or paused. The only way to know is to check. Here’s how:
- Go to Printers and Devices from Control Panel.
- Select your printer. Right click to open drop down. Click on “See what’s printing”
- Click on “Set as default printer”.
- Below the “Set as default printer” you can see your printer status – offline or paused. If the printer is paused, simply click on “Resume printing”. You can also set your printer to print offline.
- Run test print.
If problem persists, cancel the print queue. You can opt to add a second printer or call on a professional printer technician.