What are the reasons Brother Printer Offline status to show?
Many have experienced their Brother Printer offline after a Windows 10 update. This connection problem does not only occur during an OS update or driver updates. There are various reasons for your printer to go offline. It could be something else other than the two common culprits. Therefore, various solutions can be tried to fix it.
How to bring Brother Printer back online?
Below are some methods you can try to solve your printer problem:
Check printer connectivity – Perhaps your printer is not connected properly to your pc, device or internet.
- Restart printer. Wait until printer is fully ready.
- Check your printer connection. Are you using connected via wireless, USB or cable? Check the connectivity and make sure the cables are securely attached for USB and cable. If you are using wireless connection, make sure you are connected to the right network, internet access and IP address. A wireless icon on your printer will lit-up if you are connected.
- Run test print. If problem persists, continue to method 2.
Check Printer status – If your printer connectivity are all okay, check the printer status and see if it is set as your default printer, offline or paused. Here’s how:
- Go to Printers and Devices from Control Panel.
- Select your printer. Right click to open drop down. Click on “See what’s printing”
- Click on “Set as default printer”.
- Below the “Set as default printer” you can see your printer status – offline or paused. If the printer is paused, simply click on “Resume printing”. You can also set your printer to print offline.
- Run test print.
If problem persists, you might need to cancel the print queue. You can opt to add a second printer or call on a professional printer technician.